How Do I Pick My Seat on American Airlines?
While making a flight reservation with American Airlines, if you have skipped the seat selection, then no problem, as the airline also provides you the option to choose it at check-in time. If you have any questions like How do I pick my seat on American Airlines, then no issue as several mediums are available. For more information, you can read the seat selection policy, and after that, if you still require any help, contact customer service.
American Airlines Seat Selection Policy
- The passengers are allowed to change their seats even after boarding the flight.
- American Airlines charges an extra amount for the window and some preferred seats.
- AAdvantage program members get priority over seat selection.
- To pick the emergency exit row seats the passengers.
- There are high chances to get the preferred seat if the passenger checks in early with the airline.
- Miles points can also be used to pick your preferred seat with American Airlines.
- If the passenger does not pick any seat, the airline will automatically provide them with a random seat.
Several Mediums to Pick a Seat with American Airlines
Via Official Website - To pick your preferred seat with American Airlines, you can check in with the airline through the official website. The airline's web check-in opens 24 hours prior to the flight departure. Write the booking details and follow the instructions mentioned on the screen. If you want to know the process to choose a seat using the official website, then go through the below steps:
- Locate the American Airlines official website or mobile application.
- Tap on the "Manage Trips / Check-in" tab.
- Then you have to write down the "Passengers Surname" and "Confirmation number."
- Enter your baggage details and add any meal or service as per your choice.
- Choose the preferred seat as per the availability.
- Pay if there is any amount and download your boarding pass.
Via Kiosk Check-in - If you are facing any issues selecting a seat online and want to skip the long queues at the airport for check-in, then use the Kiosk self-check-in device, available on every device. You have to enter your booking details and then choose the seat by following the given instructions:
- Get to the Kiosk device at the airport.
- Type the "Ticket number" and "Passenger Last name."
- After that, you have to select the other details as per your choice.
- Add any meals or services to your flight and pick from the available seats.
- Then take a printout of your boarding pass.
Via Airport Counter - If you cannot pick a seat through any of the above methods, the last option is through the check-in counter at the airport. Share your reservation details with the executive, and they will assist you with seat selection and get you the boarding pass. For any problem, you can ask customer service face to face and get a quick response with the answer.
How Much Do I Have to Pay to Choose a Seat on American Airlines?
American Airlines charges around $10 for seat selection, which might also depend on the seat and your flight route. The passengers can pay the amount online through the official website or the mobile application.